Sunday, October 26, 2008

I am a Nerd

I am a nerd.

I enjoy setting up a statistical data base. I even find it relaxing.

My friend Jonathan says I am a nerd/geek because he has never seen someone use formal citation in a blog post before.

Wonder Woman says I am a nerd too.

In fact I am such a nerd that I am looking forward to spending next Saturday through Monday 1. participating in a panel discussion at a professional conference in Pennsylvania, and 2. attending a seminar/workshop in northern New Jersey.

See? NERD

When I mentioned having to drive to northern NJ just outside of New York City and being concerned about getting lost (I went to a conference in DC last year and ended up getting so lost I drove around the ‘hood for a half hour) a friend offered to come with me and do the driving. When I am at the seminar Sunday and Monday she will be in NYC seeing a show and shopping. My employer pays for the rental car, gas, and the hotel room so she gets a “free” trip to NYC and I get a driver. I am very happy to have the company.

I have never been to NYC before, but I will have Sunday evening free to do something or go somewhere…what should I do?

6 comments:

Ame said...

wow - what a great trade-off! i have no idea ... was in new york once in high school ... but i'm sure you'll have fun!!! :)

Learner said...

Thanks Ame :)

single/certain said...

you're not a nerd. you just know what you like. and it's not the same thing everyone else likes. i think that is AWESOME.

Learner said...

Thanks SC! :)

SavvyD said...

Smart is sexy. Better not go to a Con of any kind or you may get moe than you bagained for, LOL ;)

Learner said...

LOL Savvy. Well given the fact that between 90 and 93% of my clinical profession are women I'm not sure I like that idea!