Wednesday, November 26, 2008

North Carolina: Barbecue and Pottery

I spent a relaxing and enjoyable long weekend in North Carolina visiting some friends. Saturday I attended a pottery festival in a cute little town in North Carolina where I purchased this beautiful hand made tea pot.




I also got to experience the two types of North Carolina pork barbecue. Saturday I had the eastern North Carolina style of pork barbecue which has a vinegary/ mustardy flavor and was good, but I wouldn't necessarily order it again. Monday I had the western North Carolina style of pork barbecue which has a sweet and smoky flavor. It was absolutely delicious on a sandwich topped with red slaw (a vinegar dressed coleslaw). I definitely preferred the western style.


On another note, I also got lost for about an hour in Greensboro. So, perhaps I should not blame New Jersey for bad signage and accept that I am becoming a directional moron!

2 comments:

Ame said...

ok - yummm! i'd like the western better, too ... yummm!

Learner said...

Ame,

I understand down in your neck of the woods that you all have a different version of barbeque too.