(Now with pictures!)
I have been away for the past week to attend a work related conference. Here are my impressions:
1. I live in a beautiful state.
2. I drove through/visited five states that I have never been to before.
3. Chatanooga Tennesee looks like nice place.
4. Alabama looked pretty nice too.
5. Mississippi? Hmm...flat and kinda boring. (sorry any Mississippi visitors)
6. Louisiana? Um...flat, swampy, and huge juicy bugs plastered on the front of the vehicle. Saw a snake. Looked for an alligator but didn't see one :(
7. New Orleans? Yikes, the damage. The humidity. The above ground graveyards (what would you call that? Crypts?) were pretty freaky too.
8. Texas. Good food (but eastern NC barbeque is better than Texas barbeque). Saw an armadillo. I didn't realize there would be palm trees in Texas. Flat. Boring terrain. Hot. Humid.(sorry Texans....especially Ame!)
9. I was very happy to get home to my mountains.
Oh, and the conference was great too :)