Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Issues....I've Got Issues

Don't we all?

A recent dating experience has brought some issues up...again. You know the kind of issues I am talking about. The kind that stay in the background much of the time but are always there. The issues that are hard to define but that somehow affect much of who you are. The kind that are about our parents, our sin, wounds from the enemy, and the deep desires of our hearts all rolled up into one. The kind of issues that God peels away from your heart over time, like the layers of an onion.

God has been peeling these layers from me for quite some time. But this time feels different. What happened to bring this on was one of the most confusing experiences of my life but I can't help but feel that what happened is going to be the impetus for a much deeper peeling. Yes, and I am hopeful.

2 comments:

Ame said...

I'm glad to hear from you ... have been thinking about you.

Learner said...

Thanks Ame :)