Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Interesting Post

Another quick post today to say that I really enjoyed Carolyn McCulley’s post today at her blog Radical Womanhood . Carolyn’s post reminds me of the children’s story The Velveteen Rabbit. I have loved the story The Velveteen Rabbit for a long time. I like the idea of taking chances and being open. Of living and not being afraid of what could happen…of loving and being loved to the point that your “stuffing comes out”. :)

Be sure to check out the Washington Post article linked in the post as well. Interesting stuff!

1 comment:

Ame said...

WOW! That is awesome!!!

I especially loved this quote from The Washington Post article:

"When we seek to explain a pleasurable mystery, or to avoid risks that may bring us sorrow, or desperately to seek some symbol of success, what we fail to appreciate in advance is how quickly we will absorb such events should they come to pass -- and move on."

That is SO absolutely true.

***

My Youngest has "Big Bear." Big Bear looks as worn or more as Pink Bear. Ahhh ... I think our whole family would fall apart without Big Bear!!!